The following suggestions are provided to help you have a safe and relaxing experience with your treatment. If you have any questions, please contact us prior to your first visit.
- Be sure to arrive at your appointment early. Arriving early will give you time to complete any necessary paperwork and relax before your treatment.
- Bring a list of current medications and try to come to the appointment in a relaxed state of mind so as to help your body accept the treatment to its fullest.
- It is best to eat a light meal or snack an hour or two prior to your appointment – you will be most comfortable if you are neither hungry nor stuffed. Also don’t eat or drink anything that can discolor your tongue (coffee, mints, soft drinks, etc).
- Do not brush or scrape your tongue when you brush your teeth before acupuncture.
- Avoid alcohol on the day of your treatment. Acupuncture is not performed on intoxicated individuals due to the increased risk of shock. It is also not advisable to become intoxicated shortly after treatment.
- Please wear loose, comfortable clothing with pants that can be rolled up to the knee.
We hope these tips can help to improve your comfort and enhance the effect of your treatment after your visit to our clinic. As always, if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact our clinic and practitioners.
- During and after your treatment you may feel relaxed, slightly “spacey”, or pleasantly energized. Some people feel nothing at all. All of these reactions are considered normal.
- In the hours after a treatment, your body is still going through a physiological rebalancing process. To maximize the treatment effect, avoid vigorous exercise, hot tubs, and drugs or alcohol for several hours.
- Sometimes bruising, small lumps or pain may occur after treatment. This is an indication of the body clearing out stagnation of the toxins. It will usually clear within a few days.
- Some people often can feel a little light-headed after a treatment. This is normal as it is the result of the endorphins released during the treatment.
- Drink two or three extra glasses of room temperature water following the session to allow for any toxins to be flushed out, particularly after the massage.
- The last but not least is stay warm. We also recommend a warm neck pillow for at-home relaxation.
- You may notice relief of your health concern in the hours or days following your session or it may take several sessions to experience a change. In the majority of cases, a clear benefit is evident within 3-4 sessions (although more sessions may be required to thoroughly resolve the problem).